Multiple emails/domains into a specific email

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Stelios

What about smtp auth? I want to use the email@domain1, email@domain2 and email@domain3 on various forms/apps to send email that appears to be from those emails and not from email@domain4 for example.

4. Stelios

I created a fetchmail but no email is forwarding to the proper mailbox. It just stays to the origin mailbox.

5. Stelios

It seems to need to be SSL enabled and is coming through.

6. till

Then you must create them as mailboxes and not aliases and add a sieve rule in the custom filter rules field of the mailbox to forward the email and not keep a copy.

Fetchmail is not the correct tool for this. Use sieve rules to forward the incoming emails.

7. Stelios

Hi Till,

Thank you for the updates. Where can I find how to write that rule?
    I assume you are saying to write that rule in the area where it says "Custom mail filter recipe"?

8. till

yes

Rule:

Code:
    redirect "[email protected]";

9. Stelios

That removed the email from the origin mailbox? I don't want to keep it, only to forward it to the [email protected]

10. Stelios

I've added just that and it never arrives; instead it goes to the origin mailbox.

11. Stelios

I used single quotes, my mistake. Does that however removed the email from the original mailbox?

12. till

Maybe you did not wait until the filter was written with your test. Feel free to use a search engine of your choice, e.g. google, and search for sieve filter redirect, to get more examples and a detailed description on how sieve filters work etc.

13. Stelios

Till the sieve filter solves the problem of getting the emails but not for sending. If I add an identity lets say from email2@ I get a smtp error that that email doesn't belong to the main account or something like that (sender address rejected)
    Is there a way to be able to send with smtp auth from the same mailbox but for multiple domains?

14. till

There is a setting under System > server config > email where you can switch on and of if email shall be rejected on login mismatch.

15. Stelios

Thanks a lot

16. Stelios

@till that setting "Reject sender and login mismatch" I guess will allow lot of spam to pass?
    Is there an alternative more secure?

17. till

No, this is not about spam filtering at all. This setting restricts which from addresses are allowed when you send email as authenticated user from the server.

Do not use the mailbox setup in the way you want to set it up, as it requires disabling this function.