multiple ispconfig server scripts running - what to do?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by burlyhousetech, Nov 17, 2019.

1. burlyhousetech

burlyhousetech Member HowtoForge Supporter

I've just arrived with a misbehaving server. The first noted symptom is auth failed for an email connection.
    Upon review of the server there are multiple instances of server.sh running -- perhaps more than hundred.

/bin/sh -c /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    /bin/sh -c /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    /bin/bash /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh

(etc.)
    How can I kill these? Is there a quicker method than manually by PID?

2. burlyhousetech

Was able to use `pkill` to remove the errant processes. Still trying to get services back online. When I run
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh there is no output.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  3. burlyhousetech

After cleaning up all the processes I tried running server.sh and would see no output at all.

Turns out there was something about MySQL server causing troubles. It was crashed and required manually kill & restart.

Now I can run server.sh successfully. Weird.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. burlyhousetech

This morning I found the server in the same state as before - piled up cron.sh and server.sh jobs and MySQL unresponsive. This time I was able to catch an error from MySQL: "[ERROR] Error in accept: Too many open files". Hrm.

5. burlyhousetech

MySQL `open_files_limit` was still at default (1024) so I increased significantly and restarted all services. Hopefully this will fix things.

till likes this.
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

7. burlyhousetech