Multiple PHP versions but can not select them

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nvl-it-solutions, Oct 7, 2016.

1. nvl-it-solutions

nvl-it-solutions New Member

I recently updated my old ISPConfig installation to 3.1.
    Everything went fine but it now seems that I can't select the additonal PHP versions I made in the past.
    When I check a website I can only select "Default" near PHP Version.

The setup is a multi server setup where each customer has its own server.
    Php version 7.0.9 has been installed and added to the PhP additional versions for several servers.

I already tried to recreate them but that doesn't solve the issue.
    Since a restart on a server was required the websites can't connect to the PHP ports that ISPConfig has setup.
    Only port 9000 is available now after the update.
    What I did as a workaround is adding the custom PHP ports from ISPConfig to the www.conf file.
    Offcourse this isn't the solution.
    To me it looks like some sort of bug.

How do I manage to get the additional PHP versions working again?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check your limit templates and make sure the additional php versions are allowed there, or if you use custom limits, make sure you have enabled the correct php version(s) for each client.

3. nvl-it-solutions

In my limit settings of the customer all options are enabled but I can't find any settings regarding the additional php versions.
    Or is this the option Mod-PHP?

4. Jesse Norell

My mistake, sorry; you're correct, there are only php modes there, not individual versions. Versions can be set to a specific client at System > Additional PHP Versions. I presume the server set there must also be allowed in the client's template (or custom limits). I've not tried adding a php version to a specific client, but without setting that it does work. If all your web servers have the same php versions installed, you could probably just leave the client unset (just add one additional php version for each server).

5. nvl-it-solutions

I've setup each website to run on its own server.
    Because ISPConfig default looks for the PHP5 version I setup an additional PHP version for each server via System -> Additional PHP versions. Before the upgrade I was able to select the additional version at the Domain tab next to PHP version.
    However after the upgrade no additional PHP versions show up in this select box.
    This is the issue I experience right now.
    Any ideas?

6. Jesse Norell

It's still the same place in 3.1.

Did you edit the client's limits and specify the correct webserver for each? I don't know how that worked in 3.0.5, but might check/try that.

7. nvl-it-solutions

I know this still is in the same place. I had running servers with custom PHP versions. The version I configured was visible in the website configuration tab of Ispconfig. Without changing these options the PHP version doesn't show up there anymore.
    Maybe something has changed in the underlying Ispconfig code which prevents it from fetching the values from the database.

8. Jesse Norell

It's possible. I don't know exactly how that is looked up, short of digging through the php code / sql queries.