Multiple ssl sites through one public IP

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by nikolaosp, Dec 29, 2015.

1. nikolaosp

nikolaosp Member

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.
    I have been trying to find out how I am supposed to setup my ISPconfig, debian jessie, apache, mariadb server to serve multiple ssl sites through one public IP (let's call it ext.ern.al.ip). I have purchased 3 ssl certificates for three different sites (www.example1.com, www.example2.com, www.example3.com). I want to be able to use ssl on all three sites with different ssl certificates and everything passing through my ext.ern.al.ip
    What I have done so far. I have setup all my sites without ssl and everything works fine. I went to my /etc/networking/interfaces file and addedd 3 virtual eth0:0, eth0:1 and eth0:2 ports which i then added to my ispconfig server ip addresses and set them up for the three sites. I have checked SSL checkbox in the Web Domain portion of my websitess and set the virtual IP that each one is supposed to be listening to for the particular site.
    after setting the SSL portion with the SSL cert and bundle i lose access to my site. When I call the HTTP site I get the default page of my apache (like my site does not have any content). When I request the HTTPS site I get a error saying "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long"
    Questions:
    1. Do I need to set in the server ip addresses part different ports for the 3 sites. I mean do I need to set for instance port 81,444 instead of 80,443 for the first site and 82,445 for the second and so forth.
    2. Do I need to set a redirect somewhere so that my server serves the correct site and not just the apache page?
    3. Do I need to set up an a line or something of the sort in my dns settings of my domain name provider?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone

2. ressel

ressel Member

Enable sni, and you can use a single IP + port.

3. nikolaosp

nikolaosp Member

Thanks for your reply my friend. The problem is I do not know how to do it. Is there a tutorial or a guide for ispconfig?

4. nikolaosp

nikolaosp Member

Some more info.
    I have tried setting up server ip as my externalip with 80:443 and use that as the upv4 that all the web sites listen instead of * . I lose access to all the sites as they all seem to point to the default apache page.
    The same happens when i enter the internal ip of the server as server ip.
    I changed them back to * and everything works.

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

if you use ISPConfig, you should just be able to upload/paste the certs in the SSL tab of the according website. No need to create virtual network interfaces.

6. nikolaosp

nikolaosp Member

So, to get this right. i sent a csr to comodo, I install the certificate they sent me in ssl certificate portion of the ssl tab. Then I paste the concatenated 3 files that comodo sents to the ssl bundle portion.

Then I just use https://www.mysite.com to enter?

That's it?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats it:

certificate into certifcate field and the ssl intermediate certs all into the ssl bundle field, then select "save certificate" as option as the certs wont be installed without that and press the save button.

8. nikolaosp

nikolaosp Member

Thank you very much and Happy New Year to everyone!