multiple ssl sites

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by blocker, Aug 13, 2009.

1. blocker

blocker Member

Hello,

is it possible with some hardcore apache config change to have multiple ssl sites running on ispc2 server?
    I have noticed that the ispc3 can do that.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can run as many SSL sites in ispconfig 2 as you like. Just add as many IP addresses as you need SSL sites and then assign one IP per ssl site. Exactly as it is done in ispconfig 3.

3. greenpete

greenpete New Member

I guess by 'add as many IP addresses as you need' you mean internal IP's?
    If so do you need to configure the routers firewall to point to port 80 as well as to the main IP of the server?
    Thanks.

4. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

No the external IP is meant or let's say the IP the browser will connect to.
    So different ssl hosts are only possible if you can provide a different ip and port combination per cert, e.g.
    1.2.3.4 Port 443 -> CERT1 / Host 1
    1.2.3.4 Port "444" -> CERT 2 / Host 2
    1.2.3.5 Port 443 -> CERT 3 / Host 3.

So in case you have your ispconfig behind a router you need to have as many official IPs as you need + forwarding / NATing them to the appropriate internal address.

5. greenpete

greenpete New Member

So let me get this straight, I have only one external IP address, but that's all I need?
    I am behind a NAT firewall and I can port forward.
    So I set up the website in question with it's own internal IP say 192.168.0.100 and I set the port in ISPConfig for that site to say 445, though I can't see where I would do that.
    Then set a port forward on my router to send and requests for the domain in question to that port and ISPConfig will do the rest, have I got that right?
    Thanks.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The HTTPS port (443) is hardcoded in ISPConfig 2, so you cannot change it.

7. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

8. TheBirdMan

TheBirdMan Member

adding a second IP

Hi,

This is probably a silly question but I must be missing a step. :confused:

I configured a second public IP to point to a second private IP (ispconfig 2) on the same server. Added it under settings and then selected the site I want to use the additional ssl cert for.

10.0.0.1 -> 192.168.1.100 server1/website1
    10.0.0.2 -> 192.168.1.101 server1/website2

Not working because it can't find the second private IP i addeed (can't ping it). Does it magically work under the primary IP or do I need to somehow add the second ip to the NIC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to add the second IP also to your network card, otherwise your server will not listen on that IP.

10. TheBirdMan

TheBirdMan Member

valid ssl cert for webmail

That worked great thanks,

One last question -

The sites in isp manager are using valid certs now but how do I replace the cert for webmail and secure mail https://mail.mydomain.com:81/webmail and ports 995 and 465? every things working with server generated certs but I need to replace them with a verified one.

Thank you guys again for your support,

Scott