Multiple standalone ISPC servers to multi server setup ?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by medo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. medo

medo Member

Hi all,

I am a very happy user of ispconfig and I would like to know if it is possible to change my multiple standalone ispconfig servers to a single multi server setup ?

thank you!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not possible, the reason is that each item in ispconfig (e.g. a website) is identified by its unique ID and this ID is an auto increment and starts with 1 on a master server and also on single servers. So you have now multiple servers with website ID 1 and for that reason, you cant join the servers.

3. medo

medo Member

Thanks for the straight answer!

One more question please, can I add a new server to a standalone installation or do I have to reinstall all my servers (10) to migrate to a multi server setup ?

4. medo

medo Member

Thank you

Thank you for the answer!

Another question is can I install a new server to make a multi server setup after I have installed the first one as a standalone ?

5. till

yes. you cann add slave servers at any time later.

6. medo

medo Member

I meant...

Thanks for your support, I meant can I add to my already installed standalone ISPC server that I want to use as my centralized control panel, multiple other servers because the first on is full (CPU, MEM). So I want new customers to use the same url as control panel but their websites/db/mail to be on a newly installed ispc. Am I clear ? :)

Thx!

7. till

I had understood your question and the answer remains the same :)