Multiple Webservers to Single Database Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by shieldsit, Feb 6, 2021.

1. shieldsit

shieldsit New Member

Is that possible? I had to tell the dbserver where the webserver was when running the install script on the dbserver, so I figured if I ran it again on the dbserver it would forget about the first?

Anyone know if this is possible? And if so what needs changed?

Thanks!

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes just to say it is possible but it is not how ISPConfig generally works as it requires each server to maintain its own database.

Separating database and web server in ISPConfig master server setup is mainly use for HA master database server and HA master web server which is not needed nor necessary in most cases.

3. shieldsit

shieldsit New Member

Correct, each webserver will still have a database but in a multi-server setup you can dedicate a server for mysql, dns, etc. That is the way I have set things up, but I just want two dedicated webservers to host user databases on the same mysql server.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The ISPConfig old manual and old tutorial for multi server and cluster server should already cover the concept on how to build separate and cluster database server. This means keeping ISPConfig database for each server and use remote database server(s) for websites in the web server(s).

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's no problem, just set up a multiserver system where you install one ispconfig node as a database server. But that#s not done in the install script, it's a separate ispconfig node which its own local database and this node is dedicated to providing MySQL services to other web nodes as described in multiserver tutorials.