multiple "wildcard" emails on same domain?

Discussion in 'General' started by olol, Jun 19, 2016.

1. olol

olol New Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to get something kind of like the catchall function working. but for multiple users on one domain.
    eg. I want to be able to have email adresses like firstname.ANYTHING[at]domain.tld to be able to filter out spam, see who sells my email adress etc.
    I have tried both using alias and forward setting up firstname.*[at]domain.tld to redirect to my actual email adress. but it only works if I send it to the email firstname.*[at]domain.tld, not firstname.facebook[at]domain.tld that one gets caught by the catchall rule, which works perfect btw.

So, is there a way to get a name."wildcard"[at]domain.tld to send all emails to one mailbox that I havn't though of? I do not want to set up multiple forwards/aliases for my email, because that would mean setting up them also for the other users of said domain, which is far from ideal.

Cheers
    Olol

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

olol likes this.
  3. olol

olol New Member

Oh my, how could I have missed this feature. Will have to try it out and maybe change it to something that most websites dont filter out, like a double/tripple dot .. ... =)

Cheers!