Multiserver bug creating mail domain from client or reseller

Discussion in 'General' started by ddelbia, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

I have a 2 server setup:

Server 1: all except mail
    Server 2: mail

The client/reseller gets Server 2 as default mail server and Server 1 for web, db and dns
    But when the reseller or the client creates a mail domain it goes on Server 1 and it doesn't work, of course.
    If I create the mail domain from admin, I get the select box for mail server with only the item "Server 2" and it works.

ISPConfig version: 3.0.2

Should I add a new bug in bugtracker?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure that you selected server 2 as default mailserver for this client and this reseller on the lmits tab of the client and the reseller?

3. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

Yes, I just checked it again. It is the only choiche because only Server 2 has email service configured

4. till

Ok. Please make a bugreport in the bugtracker.

5. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

Hi Till, I see you changed priority to "low". I don't want to be controversial but I think this is a big issue in a multi server enviroment. Maybe most people use isp3 on a single server but I think the main feature of isp3 is the multi server setup.
    I hope this bug will be corrected with the 3.0.3 final relase.
    If you think it will be useful, I can try to reproduce the but with 3.0.3 RC1
    Anyway, Thank you :)

6. till

Priority high is reserved for bugs that are security related in the bugtracker. As this bug is not security related and only a part of all installations is affected, it gets priority low. Priority Low does not mean that it get not fixed until the final 3.0.3 release.