Multiserver / Cluster

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gratian, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Please some help...

I need a configuration to run multiple servers...
    I dont want separate webserver, dns, db...
    On server1 some websites with their databases/mail/dns, on server2 some websites with their databases/mail/dns and so on...

Witch is the best config?

Tks in advance for help!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

About hat kind of setup are you talking, ispconfig?

3. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Yes, ispconfig.
    Yesterday just we talking about send / receive email. Finally works on server

4. till

I just asked because you posted in the forum for non ispconfig topics. I moved the thread to the ispconfig forum now.

Regarding your setup, just install all servers by using the perfect server tutorial. use ispconfig expert mode during install and choose to join the ferst server from server2 and onwards.

5. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Thanks!

MySQL server hostname [localhost]: <-- Hit Enter (must me the ip on first server i think...)
    MySQL server port [3306]: <-- Hit Enter
    MySQL root username [root]: <-- Hit Enter
    MySQL root password []: <-- Enter your MySQL root password (from first server?)
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: <-- Hit Enter (???)
    MySQL charset [utf8]: <-- Hit Enter

and
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld [server1.domain.tld]: <-- Hit Enter (server2 ???)

6. Gratian

Gratian New Member

So, how to join server2 to server1? Difference from standard to expert install seems to be only on mysql setts. But if join to server1 by mysql I have mysql on server 2 to use databaseses to websites from server2 or server2 websites use mysql db from server1?

I want complete separations on servers (websites, mysql, dns, etc). At this moment, for me, its a little bit unclear...

7. till

Websites on server2 use databases from server 2.

That's what you get when you follow the instructions that I posted in #4.

8. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Ok, many tks, now Im on installing...

9. Gratian

Gratian New Member

from test: unknown mysql server host "server1.mydomain.tld", but server1 works well now
    now after alter mysql whith grant acces and mysql.cnf comment out localhost on server 1 works connection only by ip and dont by server name. work in progress

FINALLY I GOT IT!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  10. Gratian

Gratian New Member

So, everything works, database communication (replications of settings inserted on server1, clients inserted), dns, ftp, etc... BUT websites on server2,3 not works (websites, email, etc from server1 works well). Im behind a router (Fortigate) and the mechanism its unclear for me. All the ports are forwarded to server1 (master). Server1,2,3 are independent? Or not? If server1 is down what happens? How about the forwarded ports? The setup works behind a router or not?

Looks like not propagations of dns from server2...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  11. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It that is true, all traffic goes to server1, and thus other servers are useless. If you test from the subnet the servers are in, do the servers 2 and 3 work then?
    Yes. Unless you did not follow the manual when setting them up.
    Services on server1 do not work. Services on other servers are not affected.

12. Gratian

Gratian New Member

On all above I requested a setup. Till told me the way. All servers works in lan and are interconnected. But the question: how websites from other servers except server1 (master) will be online (from outside)? At this moment only the server1 are visible from outside...

13. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Now I forwarded the ports to second server and the services of server2 are online. But whats the point? I beneffit only the central panel of the master to control all the servers. How I can make all the servers to be online behind a router/nat not only one by the time of ports redirections?

14. Taleman

You could forward:
    • port 80 to port 80 on server1
    • port 82 to port 80 on server2
    • port 83 to port 80 on server 3
    That way you get to use all three web servers. But users have to use that port number when accessing the websites.
    I know of no way to forward based on domain name. Maybe your router has some such feature? Because that is what you need, otherwise the router can not know to which server connections are to be forwarded if you do not use the port numbers 80, 82, 83 forwarding system.
    What you are trying to accomplish may be impossible or become overly convoluted. Usually web servers that are to be accessible from public internet have routable IP addresses. Are the IP addresses you now have on your three servers from RFC1918 private address space? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
    If you have routable addesses, configure your router to do the routing so you can use the web servers directly.

15. Gratian

Gratian New Member

So how about a subnet or external ips for each ?

16. Taleman

Does that solve the problem?

17. Gratian

Gratian New Member

I don't know and I hope some help :)) but I think this is is a solution!

18. Taleman

What is your current network setup?

19. Gratian

Gratian New Member

Now: a router Fortigate and servers. Simple. And necessary ports to master.

20. Taleman

That is simple. So you have no IP-numbers, for example? What networks are connected to your router?