multiserver, database backups and download button

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pinkfeet, Apr 9, 2019.

1. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

in a multiserver environment if you split webserver and database server, the database backups per website are not visible and therefore, not elegible for download, from Backup tab of each website. You can restore or delete that database backup but not download it.

For "fix it", i've done two steps:

1 copy the database backups from /var/backup folder in database server to /var/backup folder in webserver
    2 update the web_backup table in dbispconfig database in order ispconfig thinks that database backups are in webserver

After that, the download button for database backups in Backup tab from that website are visible and works as normal.

Are you aware of this ?, is it normal ?

Thanks,

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that's normal and is to be expected as a file can be downloaded from a server only if it exists, so when the database backup is on a different server, then you cannot download it from the web server. When database and web server are on different systems, then there is no download option for a database backup.

3. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks you reply Till,

however if i copy database files and change server_id of that backup in web_backup table i can download that backups from Backup tab. Are there any collateral effect if i change server_id of that backups ? I'm wondering if the databases maybe restorable once the server_id is changed.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the case because you defined that the backup file is available on the same server that the web resides on, therefore the download button is shown.

Haven't tested this, but I guess the restore will not be possible anymore then.