multiserver - mysql replication question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by grungy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. grungy

grungy Member

Till, Falko,

When setting up a second server in expert mode, does ispconfig3 handle all mysql replication by itself, or does the admin have to do something before that?

Is mysql replication setup by the ispconfig setup program itself?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The replication is builtin in ispconfig, the replication mechanism of the mysql daemon is not needed and not used.

Just make sure that you configure the mysql root user account on the master server so that a root user from the slave server IP and hostname can connect.

3. grungy

grungy Member

Ok the socond server is setup in expert mode, everything is fine, the mysql replication works...

One question:

I want to have several 'slave' servers and would like all to have the same DNS zones as the master - the mydns data from the master shoould be repicated on all slaves, how can I do that?

tnx

grungy

4. till

This will be implemented in one of the next releases.

Currently you can use e.g. mysql replication for that or you connect the mydns instance on the slave server to the master database by editing mydns.conf.

5. grungy

grungy Member

How does ispconfig handle replication, where can I find the rules etc etc

6. till

ISPConfig stores the data that shall be replicated in the sys_datalog table. The code for this is in the interface classes that handle the form actions and database updates and also in the server classes that handle the events for modules and plugins.