multiserver - problem with db password for remote user

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by radim_h, May 5, 2013.

1. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    this is not question of priority support but problem with mysql_clientdb_plugin.inc.php in multiserver setup.

i have reported here: http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2918&opened=54&type[0]=&sev[0]=&due[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&reported[0]=
    but my post was long and maybe nobody have read it untill last comment where error is desribed:

---
    Problem appears in multiserver setup when you change db user password and after it you change IP acces configuration for remote DB user

when database user password is changed in gui:
    it gets changed in master ispconfig database in web_database_user,
    passwords for both users (local and remote) in mysql user table on remote server are created correctly

But PASSWORD IN DATABASE ON SLAVE SERVER web_database_user table IS NOT CHANGED - is created new row with sys_userid and sys_groupid both set to 0
    This new duplicate rows are overwrited when next db user is created and master db synced to slave server (but old password for remote user in slave web_database_user stays forever..)

Then when acces to db is changed IP<->% or another ip added, password for remote user is probably taken from this slave web_database_user and it is set wrongly in mysql user table, so remote access is not working then

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

thank you for making a bugreport for the issue. We will check this for the next patch release.

3. radim_h

Hello guys,

please is somebody solving this problem?

It's more serious
    First i solved the issue that i removed that part of web templete which allows users setting remote access to db...

But as i found now, when someone change password for pre-3.0.5 user whos databse is not bound to webpage, then even simple password change fails

I'm getting phone calls from clients who changed password for db users every day :||

4. radim_h

simpliest fix will be to tell mysql_clientdb_plugin.inc.php on slave server to get passwords from master server web_database_user instead of slave, as master db is chnaged properly on update, but i don't know ho to do it :(

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The issue has been forwarded to the developer which implemented the new client database plugin.

Did you choose to reconfigure permissions un master database at the time you updated your slave servers?