Multiserver set-up

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by -crisstm-, Oct 22, 2009.

1. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

Thank's for ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 it's great.
    but i have some trouble/question
    1. DNS master / slave how can i setup?
    2. awstats how can i setup?
    3. i try to make 2 servers ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com on diferent location diferent IP ...,and i follow your instruction to install on centos 5.3 i386 on ns1 and 5.3_x86 on ns2. i think is not a problem is a 32 or 64 bit.
    the first server work's fine, but when i install the second(ns2) ispconfig i receive an error to connect the master server:
    MYSQL couldn't connect to master server.
    i setup mysql server = localhost on ns1, it's good or must to set ns1.example.com the mysql server name?
    finally i wondering if i could setup 2 servers with all service (dns,web,mysql,mail,ftp,quota and stats) to work togheter. if ns1 gones down work ns2 and vice versa. and all mail and all changes of database to replicate between servers in real time.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) You can either use mysql replication or you bind the mydns daemon on the slave to the master database. ISPConfig 3.0.2 will also have a special replication function for that.

2) awstats is not supported in ispconfig 3, so you might have to setup it manually.

3) You have to select "localhost" as mysql server on ns1 and ns2. But on ns2, select expert installation mode which will aks you if you want to join a master server and then asks for the root login details on the master server. Make sure that you created a root user in the mysql db on the master server that has permissions to allow access from the hostname and ip of ns2 before you install ispconfig on ns2.

Thats not possible, ispconfig manages multiple servers from one controlpanel but what you want is mirroring for redundancy which is something different.

3. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

hi Till

Thank's for your reply

i make an user root on ns1 and now i have that error:
    ERROR: Unable to load SQL-Dump into database table

what can i do?

4. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

fixed

Till i fixit my problem.
    my mistake is because i want to creat on ns2 a database with difrent name (db2ispconfig)
    SO if you want to make multi server the database name must be the same!!!
    And is necessary to create on ns1 mysql server a user with grant access from ns2
    Thank's again everyone, now i lookup on my multiserver to see how its work

5. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

DNS master slave

Till can you explain step by step how to setup ns1 master dns server and ns2 slave dns server.
    And i want this if fail ns1, to work ns2 DNS server
    Thank's
    That i used on ispconfig 2 round robin and its work but need some time until activate ns2, and i understand in ispconfig3 ths DNS is under MyDNS and activate fast the nameserver...

6. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I have my ispc2 version working in ispc3 using the plugins modules

7. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

i don't understand

what do you mean working awstat in ispconfig 2 under ispconfig 3.post tutorial here to learn everybody how to install awstats in ispconfig3.
    i have the problem again with setup ispconfig 3 multiserver.
    Seems is a problem because i've change my admin password and then i cannot login. i uninstall ispconfig 3 on ns2 and try to reinstall but now Unable to load SQL-Dump into database table
    What can i do? i have permission from ns1, and working well before uninstall ispconfig.

8. till

Very bad Idea to uninstall ispconfig 3 on ns2 as it cannot be installed again on the server as a new install will not pickup the existing configuration. Do you have a backup of your server to restore it?

9. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

ns2

Unfortunately no.
    I have to install operating system again?

10. till

Do you have a backup of the ispconfig database on ns2?

11. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

no

no i have not a database backup