Multiserver Setup on Centos 5.5

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dfinehub, Oct 22, 2010.

1. dfinehub

dfinehub New Member

I wonder has anyone tried setting up multiserver setup for ispConfig3 in Centos5.5?

There is online instruction for Debian 5.0, however, is multiserver setup supported in Centos 5.5?

And is there a way to add servers (e.g. Primary DNS server, secondary DNS servers) to the master server in future after the 1st time setup?

Thanks.

DFINEHUB

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Multiserver is supported on all platforms that are supported by ispconfig. But personally I would not use centos as yum tends to destroy the configuration on updates while apt is being more creafully. So the overall system will be more stable when you use debian or ubuntu. Additionally, the setup is much more complicated to install on centos then on debian as centos lacks a lot of packages or packages are compiled with wrong options, so that you have to install all major parts from external repositories.

Yes. You add them the same way as you add the servers at the initial install.

3. dfinehub

dfinehub New Member

Quite agree with you. I have tried dns server setup on Debian and it is so much easier.

How about getting existing DNS server and email server to join the master server if I decided to migrate form master server in Centos 5.5 to Debian? I could not find any instruction nor in the manual.

I could not re-run the isconfig update if I have already completed the installation - for example. (It will give a message nothing to update).

DFINEHUB.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Existing servers can not be integrated into a cluster as the unique ID's of the database records will collide with the ones on the master. A server has to join the setup on install as it is required thet the database is empty at that state, it can not join a master server on update.