Multiserver setup, updating says invalid mysql password?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ShaferTech, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ShaferTech

ShaferTech Member

This happened the last time I updated.
    The primary server updates just fine. However the secondary server tells me the password is incorrect for mysql root. The password it's showing me is the mysql root password for the primary server.

My setup is working, Both servers show up when i login to the gui of either. Changes are replicated. But i thought they shared the same DB?
    Code:
    Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...
    Unable to connect to mysql server Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    MySQL root password [xxxxxxxxx]:
    However, the mysql_clientdb.conf on the secondary server only has the information of the primary server? Why would it be trying the local host?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Each node has a local mysql server. the update connects to the local mysql server first and then to the remote server.

Then you entered wrong details there as this file contains always the root login details of the local (localhost) mysql server instance. The root login details of the primary server are not stored at all on the slave nodes for security reasons as ispconfig does not need them for daily use, they get sued for updates only and the updater will ask you in the next step for these details.