Multiserver setup (Web, File and DB), replication of Web content

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by PatrickFoubert, Oct 10, 2024 at 9:10 PM.

1. PatrickFoubert

PatrickFoubert New Member

Hi,

First setup on multiserver with mirroring.
    Creation of site, db ... replicated to slave
    But if I upload a file by ftp to primary server for website, it's not replicated to slave(s) server.
    I've missed one thing ?

2. remkoh

remkoh Active Member

ISPC only mirrors settings, not actual data.
    You'll have to set up something for that apart from ISPC. Like you did with DB replication.
    There are multiple ways to sync data.
    One that's often used is rsync.
    I myself am settings up something similar using shared storage at the moment.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Long time ago I did this mirror setup but was with unison as per the tutorial. I am not sure if simply mirroring the main web server will do the same without unison, especially with the latest ISPConfig.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend you read the complete multiserver setup guides. Installing them partially by leaving out the steps to mirror the FS (or replacing it with shared storage) can not work. As mentioned in the first answer post, ISPConfig mirrors the configuration as ISPConfig is a hosting control panel and not a filesystem or database. Replicating the filesystem is either part of the filesystem (if you use a cloud FS like CephFS) or you use tools like unison (two-way sync) or Rsync (one-way sync) or a shared NFS mounted on both systems. And the database mirroring for client databases is done by MariaDB itself.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. remkoh

remkoh Active Member

The shared storage I mentioned is a NFS share mounted on both systems.

till likes this.