Multiserver system update - Email failure

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by blinden, Jul 15, 2015.

1. blinden

blinden Member

DISREGARD.

Ubuntu 14.04.2lts
    ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8
    Looks like this issue is more related to mysql on the second server rather than an email problem. The email problem seems to be a symptom of the mysql problem.

edit: Did a full reboot on the system hosting the email service and it seems to be back to normal now.

Did updates today, my mail service lives on a different server than the ISPConfig interface/database. Updated the server with the main database first, and then the server with the mail on it. I think the error I made was that I did not choose 'yes' at "Reconfigure Permissions in master database? (yes,no) [no]:"
    So I went to do a update again with php -q update.php and I get the error:
    Unable to connect to mysql server Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
    I feel like it's looking for the database locally instead of on the remote master database server?

Mysql service is not starting on the server with the mail service.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

As long as your mysql-server is not running, the update will always fail.

3. blinden

blinden Member

It was running when I started the update, the server was live and functioning, at some point during the upgrade something caused the mysql server to hang and not come back online until after I did a reboot, no worries though, it's all running now.