Multiserver Update Slave Server wrong version

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by joker1025, Aug 30, 2018.

1. joker1025

joker1025 New Member

I've update my Multiserver Setup on Debian 9.5 (One Master, One Slave Webserver with Active-Active MariaDB Cluster) from ISPConfig 3.1.11 to 3.1.13 with the ispconfig_update.sh script.
    All went smooth and all is working after the update, but in ISPConfig Admin Panel in the Monitor section, the slave still shows version 3.1.11.
    If I run the htf-common-issuses.php script it also shows version 3.1.13 on the slave. How can I solve this problem?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you run the ispconfig_update.sh script on the slave host?

3. joker1025

joker1025 New Member

Yes, I've run the script first on the slave and then on the master server.
    I fear I have more problems: I've just seen that the synchronisation from master to slave doesn't work anymore.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  4. Taleman

Did you do this while upgrading the slave:
    I have run the upgrade first on master, then slaves. And done the above on the first slave.

5. joker1025

joker1025 New Member

Yes, I've answered this question with yes on the slave. I've installed first on the slave, as this is stated in the update script:
    Code:
    Note: Update all slave server, before you update master server.
    I think I have found a hint in the /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log of the slave server - maybe something corrupted the mysql settings during the update:
    Code:
    Thu Aug 30 11:36:28 CEST 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198
    Thu Aug 30 11:36:28 CEST 2018 DB::query -> reconnectUnable to load the server configuration from database.PHP Warning:  mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 80
    Thu Aug 30 11:36:28 CEST 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 83
    Thu Aug 30 11:36:29 CEST 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv3'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 83

6. Taleman

Looks like those database users (or is it just one user?) got messed up somewhere. I think you can fix this by setting a new password for them, but you may want to wait feedback from more knowledgeable ISPConfig developers.

7. joker1025

joker1025 New Member

Okay I have solved the problem: I've restored an old state of the server and checked the settings in the following files:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

Wrong information:
    Code:
    //** Database settings for the master DB. This setting is only used in multiserver setups
    $conf['dbmaster_type']                  = 'mysql';
    $conf['dbmaster_host']                  = 'localhost';
    $conf['dbmaster_port']                  = '3306';
    $conf['dbmaster_database']              = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_user']                  = 'ispcsrv3';
    $conf['dbmaster_password']              = 'securepassword';
    $conf['dbmaster_new_link']              = false;
    $conf['dbmaster_client_flags']  = 0;

Corrected information from restored file:
    Code:
    //** Database settings for the master DB. This setting is only used in multiserver setups
    $conf['dbmaster_type']                  = 'mysql';
    $conf['dbmaster_host']                  = 'l-hq-srvisp01.XXXXX.com';
    $conf['dbmaster_port']                  = '';
    $conf['dbmaster_database']              = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_user']                  = 'ispcsrv3';
    $conf['dbmaster_password']              = 'securepassword';
    $conf['dbmaster_new_link']              = false;
    $conf['dbmaster_client_flags']  = 0;

I'm afraid I have given the wrong information at updating the slave server:
    Code:
    MySQL master server hostname [l-hq-srvisp01.XXXXX.com]: localhost
    MySQL master server port []: 3306
    MySQL master server root username [root]:
    MySQL master server root password []:  securepassword
    MySQL master server database name [dbispconfig]:

I've changed the information for the MySQL master server hostname because I got an error with the real hostname and I thought it would be okay, because I have a MySQL Master Master Replication. Obviously it was not and as soon as I changed the config and rebooted the server it synced again and the Version of the Slave Server at the Monitoring Page jumped to 3.1.13.

Thanks for your help though.

till likes this.