Multiserver wrong permissions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SilentHunter, Jan 10, 2016.

1. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

Hello,

I set up ISPConfig in a multiserver Setup with one Master (Webserver and Fileserver) one Additional (Mailserver and DNS Primary) and again one additional with (DBserver and DNS Slave) running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. (ISPConfig version 3.0.5.4p8)

All went fine until I wanted to do some Jobs on Mailserver. The job queue was not processed, so I enabled debugging and saw:
    Code:
    DB::query(UPDATE server SET updated = 143 WHERE server_id = 2) -> mysqli_query UPDATE command denied to user 'ispcsrv2'@'192.168.1.202' for table 'server'
    So I looked at the permissions and indeed, the Server does not have any permissions:
    Code:
    aps_instances    SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE 
    aps_instances_settings    SELECT, DELETE 
    mail_traffic    SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE 
    monitor_data    SELECT, INSERT, DELETE 
    server    SELECT
    software_update_inst    SELECT  
    sys_datalog    SELECT  
    sys_group    SELECT 
    sys_log    SELECT, INSERT  
    sys_remoteaction    SELECT  
    web_backup    SELECT, INSERT, DELETE  
    web_domain    SELECT  
    web_traffic    SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE    
    Is this configuration correct?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Download ispconfig on this slave, unpack it and run the update.php script in the install folder. Choose yes when the updater asks to update the permissions in the master database server.

3. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

Ok, I did this update and said "reconfigure permissions" but nothing changed, the user rights are the same again and the server still says UPDATE command denied...

EDIT: I found the problem. My Servers have 6 NICs (each), somehow ISPConfig is generating correct rights for ispcsrvX@FQDN and [email protected] BUT I manually created the correct IP Adress which is [email protected] and this account does not have the correct rights. How can I influence this process?

SOLVED: I just noticed that my /etc/hosts file was responsible for this. Sorry for that stupid post :(

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016