MX record problem, dnsreport, mail working OK

Discussion in 'General' started by danf.1979, Dec 19, 2005.

1. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

This is from dnsreport page:
    Code:
    MX 	FAIL	MX Category
    ERROR: I couldn't find any MX records for another.cl. If you want to receive E-mail on this domain, you should have MX record(s). Without any MX records, mailservers should attempt to deliver mail to the A record for another.cl. I can't continue in a case like this, so I'm assuming you don't receive mail on this domain.

Code:
    Mail 	FAIL	Connect to mail servers
    ERROR: I could not find any mailservers for domain.cl.

I have only one domain hosted right now. I use that same domain to configure my dns servers at ns1.another.cl being the website www.domain.cl.
    I CAN send and recieve mails, at least from my cousin at gmail. I have postfix. "Maildir" option checked. "Default MX" option checked. Mail server configured at host "www" and my ip "200.104.78..." (under CNAME record)

Do you want to see my config files under /etc/bind? am I doing something wrong? I did configure the mail server after all my other servers, but that should not mean anything does it not?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to add an MX record for abejasalud.cl in the authoritive nameserver for abejasalud.cl.

If this is your ISPConfig Server, go to the DNS manager, open the SOA record for abejasalud.cl and add an MX record with an empty host and mailserver abejasalud.cl

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess you checked "Default MX" for www.abejasalud.cl only, not for abejasalud.cl (which should be on the Co-Domains tab), because there's an MX record for www.abejasalud.cl:

but nor for abejasalud.cl:

4. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Ok, i did what you requested, but nothing changed. Maybe this syslog is the answer? Maybe my isp is blocking port 25?
    Code:
    Dec 19 01:08:55 localhost postfix/smtp[10464]: connect to mx.vtr.net[200.83.1.24]: server refused to talk to me: 554 mx01.vtr.net Service not available - access denied   (port 25)
    Dec 19 01:08:55 localhost postfix/smtp[10464]: 3B5441DDE: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=1733, status=deferred (connect to mx.vtr.net[200.83.1.24]: server refused to talk to me: 554 mx01.vtr.net Service not available - access denied  )

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please talk to your ISP to find out if they block port 25.