My own nameservers on other websites

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Razvan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Razvan

Razvan New Member

Hello.
    I`m using ispconfig 3 on debian jessie.
    How do i have to procced to create my own nameservers I have only one server one ip and i need to use my created nameservers on other websites.
    Could somebody tell me how to do this?
    In ispconfig panel what ips i have to put on records public or internal .
    I did two A records like ns1 and ns2 with internal ip.
    First time has worked but when i bought another domain and i set to my own nameservers won`t work ether one.
    On the second domain i put ns1.mydomain.eu and ns2.mydomain.eu and now dont work mydomain.eu .
    mydomain.eu is pointed to my public ip and has worked before.

I did something like this https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-run-your-own-name-server-with-ispconfig-3-and-fast-hosts
    But no result yet.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

DNS records always contain the external IP, the internal Ip (if at all) is only used in apache.

Check the /var/log/syslog for named error. Most likely there is a error in the zone or a record is missing.

3. Razvan

Razvan New Member

I see more errors like

Code:
    Nov 29 07:12:37 s1 named[478]: client 1xx.23x.1x0.1x#35304 (mydomain.eu): query (cache) 'mydomain.eu/AAAA/IN' denied

4. till

There must be an error befor these errors that tells you why bind rejected the dns zone.

Please post a screenshot of the dns zone (first tab and records tab)

5. Razvan

Razvan New Member

Now is working good but if i acces one doman who is pointed to my server from outside is working but if I am connected on my network and i try mydomain.xx i get routter control pannel .
    I forward all ports to local ip.

6. till

Thats a problem with your router. If your router does not support to access internal websites by the external Ip then you can edit the hosts file on your desktop and set the domains with their internal IP's there.