MyDNS fails to start

Discussion in 'General' started by ADude, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ADude

ADude New Member

I'm on Fedora 15 and having problems getting the DNS portion to work. I recently upgraded to F15 from F13. I'm verifying that everything is working before moving on to F17.

Right now, I'm having problems getting MyDNS to start. Previously it worked and resolved my domains correctly. Now, it's been offline for a few hours and DNS caches are starting to expire.

Code:
    sudo service mydns restart
    Restarting mydns (via systemctl):  Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details.
                                                               [FAILED]

Error:
    Code:
    systemctl status mydns.service
    mydns.service - SYSV: A database-driven DNS server
              Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mydns)
              Active: failed since Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:58:33 -0500; 1min 47s ago
             Process: 22529 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/mydns start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
              CGroup: name=systemd:/system/mydns.service

I have these errors in /var/log/messages are well
    Code:
    /var/log/messages-20120719:Jul 19 07:58:10 ws mydns[1635]: ws.: error loading SOA: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (errno=2)
    /var/log/messages-20120719:Jul 19 07:58:10 ws mydns[1635]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2): error during query: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (errno=2)
    I'm able to log into MySQL using the information in /etc/mydns.conf though

Help?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. ZKool

ZKool New Member

What is the output of `service mysqld status` ?