myDNS replication question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BaukePlugge, Aug 20, 2009.

1. BaukePlugge

BaukePlugge New Member

Hi all,

I've 2 ispconfig servers connected.
    I want to create a primary and secondary NS. but if I create a new record in the control panel it's not replicated to the other server.

is there something more to do before it is going to replicate?

regards
    Bauke

2. moglia

moglia New Member

http://mydns.bboy.net/faq/#6

Does MyDNS support zone transfers?

Since MyDNS stores all its data in a MySQL databases, it is very simple to keep your secondary (and tertiary, etc) nameservers synchronized with your primary nameserver. Here are two suggestions:

1. Configure your slave nameservers to use the same database as the primary nameserver.
    2. Use MySQL's replication capabilities.

If you absolutely must use DNS-based zone transfers, MyDNS supports outgoing AXFR by enabling the allow-axfr option, as well as incoming AXFR via the mydnsimport program.

3. BaukePlugge

BaukePlugge New Member

Hi moglia,

i've not configure anything special for myDNS. I just installed ispconfig3 and it came with myDNS.

on the second server it asked twice for a database. the first I named dbispconfig_server2
    then i got the question about joining a server I did that and entered the other db name: dbispconfig.

is this ok? or did I had to enter the same database in the first place ?

regards
    Bauke

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats ok. But ISPConfig does not offer mirroring yet as it is made configure multiple servers and not to mirror servers. Mirroring will be introduces in ISPConfig 3.0.2.

For mydns, see moglias answer.