MyDNSConfig 1.0.0 released

Discussion in 'General' started by falko, Jan 2, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I've just released MyDNSConfig 1.0.0. It is a web frontend to the MyDNS name server and uses the same technology that ISPConfig v3 will be based on.

More information about MyDNSConfig can be found on www.mydnsconfig.org.

A tutorial about MyDNS can be found on HowtoForge: http://www.howtoforge.com/mydns_name_server

2. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello falko If I includes/understands well, the system, it is to create you your own DNS under the server without passing through a manager of DNS like eurodns.org?

Well with you

IS GOOD YEAR

MM:D ;)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, ist basically the same then the DNS-Manager in ISPConfig. The difference is that ISPConfig uses BIND and MyDNSConfig uses the MyDNS as backend.

4. Michael Wright

Michael Wright New Member

Nice looking project there you have running, how long will that project be finish i run fedoracore and will need asystem like taht for my webhosting...

5. till

MyDNS Config is finsished, its a 1.0 release.

For ISPConfig 3 there is no relaese date yet, but you can have a look at the current ISPConfig 2.1.2 version.

6. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Looks pretty good.

1) Will this work with suse10 64bit
    2) Will this work with ISPConfig installed on the same machine

I am currently running a 64bit suse10 machine with ispconfig installed as per falko's setup guides, with a few tweaks for 64bit CPU

Thanks

7. till

yes.

It will not work with ISPConfig 2, but you might install it side by side witrh ISPConfig when you disable bind. But why use 2 different web interfaces when the current ISPConfig delivers the same functionality for bind.

MyDNSConfig is the DNS-manager module of ISPConfig 3.

8. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

ahhhh....well.... I have not gone through the entire ispc but I thought that customers were not able to change their DNS records through the web interface.... am I wrong....

9. till

Customers cannot change their DNS-Records in ISPConfig. But if you create resellers instead of customers, you can enable the DNS-Manager for them.