Mysql 5.1 on Etch

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by tfunky, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tfunky

tfunky New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone installed 5.1 on Etch?

I followed the mysql5 cluster howto and judging by the info released on the mysql site, the additional speed and replication features seem to make it worth the upgrade...but I'm a whimp and I don't know how to do it/or if its worth doing.

Anyone want to weigh in?

Thanks!

Tfunky

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. tfunky

tfunky New Member

hmmm.....Experimental packages don't give me the warm fuzzies!

I'm may clone a copy of my server and give it a shot...I'll report back on what I find this weekend (hopefully)

4. petero

petero New Member

Hi tfunky
    let me know how your 5.1 cluster is working i am running 5.1.24-rc made from sources.
    I am still testing, i have some problems with connections.
    Sometimes MySQL i saying that xxx user is denied by configuration and after retry it lets him connect. Permissions are OK, but i think it might be the problem with loadbalancers.

Peter

5. tfunky

tfunky New Member

I'm not brave enough to build from source by my self, so I sort of gave up :(

I'm still running v5.

And actually I've run into so many problems w/ my homebuilt mysql server loadbalancer that I've downed the 2nd node and I'm just running off the one, main server until I get it worked out.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the load balancers configured to work correctly?

I tried using pound w/ setting the 3306 port and using tcp checks...and it forwards traffic correctly on the VIP to the main box. If I shut the main box down however, it does not redirect to the 2nd master :(

I'd love to hear how your progressing!!!~!

Thanks!

Tfunk

6. petero

petero New Member

Instead of my progress you will get full tutorial :) I am polishing some text to make it good.Let you know soon when it will be published.
    Mysql Cluster 5.1 build from sources:)

Its way easier than you think:)
    Peter

7. tfunky

tfunky New Member

Can't wait to see it!!!

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer