MySQL 5 to MySQL 4

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by tristanlee85, Jul 25, 2006.

1. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I've got X-cart installed on my server and appearantly there are issues with the SQL queries when joining tables. It works fine on MySQL 4, but the issues started in 5.

I'm going to copy and paste my error log:

PHP:
    [29-Apr-2006 02:29:23SQL error: /xcart/home.php
    SELECT COUNT
    (DISTINCT(xcart_products.productid)) FROM xcart_productsxcart_pricing xcart_products_categories  LEFT JOIN xcart_products_lng ON xcart_products_lng.productid xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_lng.code 'US'  WHERE xcart_pricing.productid=xcart_products.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=AND xcart_pricing.variantid AND xcart_pricing.membership IN ('','') AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.productid  AND  xcart_products_categories.categoryid='2' AND (xcart_products_categories.main='Y' OR xcart_products_categories.main!='Y') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y'
    1054 Unknown column 'xcart_products.productid' in 'on clause'
    -------------------------------------------------
    [
    29-Apr-2006 02:58:58SQL error: /xcart/product.php
    SELECT xcart_classes
    .*, xcart_class_options.*, xcart_class_lng.class as class_lngxcart_class_lng.classtext as classtext_lngxcart_product_options_lng.option_name as option_name_lng FROM xcart_class_optionsxcart_classes LEFT JOIN xcart_product_options_lng ON xcart_class_options.optionid xcart_product_options_lng.optionid AND xcart_product_options_lng.code 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_class_lng ON xcart_classes.classid xcart_class_lng.classid AND xcart_class_lng.code 'US' WHERE xcart_classes.productid '34' AND xcart_classes.classid xcart_class_options.classid AND xcart_class_options.avail 'Y' AND xcart_classes.avail 'Y'
    1054 Unknown column 'xcart_class_options.optionid' in 'on clause'
    One guy stated that I have to put everything in brackets for MySQL 5. There are so many files to edit I figured going to MySQL 4 would be easier. Any suggestions? Here is what I was suggested to do:

Code:
    FROM
       (xcart_products,
       xcart_pricing ,
       xcart_featured_products,
       xcart_products_categories,
       xcart_categories)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does the coulumn productid exists in the table xcart_products?

3. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Yes it does. From what I read, it's just the syntax of the 'JOIN' query that screws it up, but there are too many files to go through and change the syntax.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Without losing my current databases and all my information, is there an easy way to switch back to MySQL 4 without jepordizing my current ISPconfig setup?

6. falko

I wouldn't do this without making backups of my databases...

7. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Most definately. I wouldn't attempt something like that without backups. I just wasn't sure if anything screwy would go on with ISPconfig since it was installed onto a MySQL5 database and then will be working with a MySQL4 database. I figured it's be as easy as stopping the service, removing MySQL5, downloading MySQL4 and reinstalling. It'd be nice to be able to copy over the database files instead of needing to import everything again. That would take quite a long time.

8. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I've made a tarball of /var/lib/mysql which contains all of the database information. If I use YUM to remove MySQL, with the DB username and password information still be stored in /var/lib/mysql or is that information stored elsewhere? I'd hate to back up all of my databases and then not be able to gain access to them later on.

9. falko

The usernames and passwords are stored in the mysql.user table, so if you have a backup of /var/lib/mysql, then you also have that table in it. :)

10. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I think I'm going to pass on this. I try to remove MySQL and it wants to remove all of its other dependencies as well, such as dovecot, PHP stuff, etc. I don't really want to chance it.