mysql import zip/gzip

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbound, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

hi guys,

I've two problems with phpmyadmin,

first thing is the default setting in package doesn't allow importing ZIP or GZIP and I went through the whole config file inside /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin
    and yet I couldn't figure out whats wrong with thid.

the second problem is that I have increase the post size in php.ini that is for ispconfig httpd to 100MB and now it's written : (Max: 102 kKiB) in the import page but again when I import a sql file with 70MB size and each time it goes like this:

Code:
    Script timeout passed, if you want to finish import, please resubmit same file and import will resume.

I'm uploading at 100MB per second so uploading must take below 60 seconds but it goes to time out...

Please help me... thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The PHP that comes with ISPConfig does not support zip files.

phpmyadmin is not a good solution to import large database dumps. You should import them from the shell with the mysql command. Exapmple:

mysql -u yourusername -p < thesqldump.sql

3. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

Hi,

First Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I can't give access to my clients to use mysql to import their databases.
    at the other hand the gzip of this file is less than 10MB.

how can I recompile php that comes with ispconfig with something that supports ZIP and GZIP?

thanks

4. till

I guess this does not matter in this case as phpmyadmin has to uncompress the file before it is imported and ths number of sql satmements is the same and the timeout appears during import of the statements as you posted above that the upload itself took only a short time.

5. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

You might be right but how can I compile to accept ZIP or GZIP anyway?

thanks

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Take a look at the compile script in install_ispconfig/compile_aps. There's a section where PHP gets compiled. You'd have to modify the ./configure string. To leran what configuration options are available, you can download the PHP source code from php.net, unpack it, go to the source directory and run
    Code:
    ./configure --help

7. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

any reason why zip/gzip was taken out from php?

thanks

8. till

ISPConfig does not need it and it will cause a additional dependency.

9. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

is it the same reason that ispconfig WEB FTP does not have compress/decompress or zip or unzip?

how can we add it?

Thanks

10. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

is it the same reason that ispconfig WEB FTP does not have compress/decompress or zip or unzip?

how can we add it?

Thanks