MySQL Master Master Repliction Tutorial

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by MisterVlad, Oct 17, 2007.

1. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

Following the Tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_master_master_replication,
    I cannot seem to get
    Code:
    Slave_SQL_Running: No
    to be
    Code:
    Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
    I have followed the tutorial exactly as said (with the changes needed obviously) and I am getting this to be exact:
    Code:
    mysql> show slave status\G;
    *************************** 1. row ***************************
                 Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                    Master_Host: 192.168.0.151
                    Master_User: replication
                    Master_Port: 3306
                  Connect_Retry: 60
                Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000014
            Read_Master_Log_Pos: 98
                 Relay_Log_File: etch2-relay-bin.000002
                  Relay_Log_Pos: 235
          Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
               Slave_IO_Running: Yes
              Slave_SQL_Running: No
                Replicate_Do_DB:
            Replicate_Ignore_DB:
             Replicate_Do_Table:
         Replicate_Ignore_Table:
        Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
    Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                     Last_Errno: 1050
                     Last_Error: Error 'Table 'db' already exists' on query. Default database: 'mysql'. Query: ' CREATE TABLE db (   Host char(60) binary DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,   Db char(64) binary DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,   User char(16) binary DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,   Select_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Insert_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Update_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Delete_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Create_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Drop_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Grant_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   References_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Index_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Alter_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,   Create_tmp_table_priv enum('N','Y') COLLATE utf8_gener
                   Skip_Counter: 0
            Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 98
                Relay_Log_Space: 560128
                Until_Condition: None
                 Until_Log_File:
                  Until_Log_Pos: 0
             Master_SSL_Allowed: No
             Master_SSL_CA_File:
             Master_SSL_CA_Path:
                Master_SSL_Cert:
              Master_SSL_Cipher:
                 Master_SSL_Key:
          Seconds_Behind_Master: NULL
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

ERROR:
    No query specified

that is the end of step 5 in the tutorial, i have done fresh re-installs, and i keep getting the same errors...

I do the perfect setup of Etch, but just install ssh and mysql (nothing else).

I am stumped :(

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just written a tutorial about master-master replication on MySQL5, I'll publish it in the next days. Maybe that helps you. :)

3. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

I hope it is as good and as easy to follow as all your other tutorials!

You and Till are amazing, and I am glad I found this site!

Everyone here is so helpful, and willing to share their knowledge, which is so awesome! The biggest problem with open source, is that there are no real standards, and everyone has a different spin on how to achieve the same goals, but this site makes it easy to understand.

Many thanks to all the people here, I have learned so much in the last 6 months, and I am glad to be a paid supporter to this wonderful site. I would suggest that everyone pitch in a few bucks to ensure its stability and longevity!

Thanks!

Mistervlad