MySQL Not Detetcted for Webmail

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by carlosinfl, Dec 9, 2009.

1. carlosinfl

carlosinfl New Member

I am trying to install RoundCube webmail application on my Arch Linux LAMP server.

I have everything installed and running fine as far as I can tell. Postfix and Dovecot work perfect using my Thunderbird client but I need to access the email server from home.
    I have an index.html page configured in /srv/http that I can access from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. I finally installed PHP and MySQL. I tested PHP from Apache and it appears to be working great. I started MySQL and locked down the root user fro MySQL and created a generic user and database for 'RoundCube'. Now when I go to the RoundCube web installer, it does not detect any running databases on my server. I don't understand why? I followed the directions perfectly and when I try the same thing on a CentOS server, it works.

Here is the screenshot showing the installer detecting PHP but not MySQL. If MySQL is running, why would this not be detected...???

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

The php module for mysql is not installed.

3. carlosinfl

carlosinfl New Member

Resolved. The module was installed but had to be enabled in the php.ini file. Found good info on the Arch LAMP Wiki page.