mysql password during installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Hellbound, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

hi guys
    my first installation of ispconfig failed however the /home/admispconfig is exist which seems to be incompleted, at least its missing spamassasin,

anyhow I tried to re-install the ispconfig and it doesn't ask the mysql password second time as I can't re-enter the installaiton will lead to failure as below.

I'm a total newbie in linux enviroment so may be something very simple for you.

thanks

Code:
    ########## INSTALLATION ##########

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/adminmail.txt': No such file or directory
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mohd/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/mohd/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/mohd/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 634
    Could not connect to db
    Restarting some services...
    httpd not running, trying to start
    (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    ./setup2: line 883: [: ==: unary operator expected
    ./setup2: line 901: /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
    Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

[root@host install_ispconfig]#

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Before you can reinstall ISPConfig, you must delete the failed installation parts.

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig

The unpack the installer tar.gz file again and run the setup script.

3. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

thanks dude,
    will do now.

4. c0d3x42

c0d3x42 New Member

password not accepted

I had a similar problem, and re-installing did not help. In the end i had to temporarily set the mysql root users password to an empty string. Then i started the install from scratch again and it worked fine.

FYI, the neccessary SQL on my Debian/sarge box was:

update user set password='' where user='root' and host='localhost';
    flush privileges;

I would recommend setting this back to a sane and secure value afterwards. You'll also need to edit the ispconfig files to reflect this change.

5. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

thanks dude
    the issue was solved after deleting those two folder, ispconfig is runing now :)

thanks.