Mysql password problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lerra, Feb 19, 2006.

1. lerra

lerra New Member

I have problems when i create databases in my ispconfig, when i create a database, i se that it gets created with mysql client but the password is not set! I saw that i my ispconfig account (when i installed ispconfig) only had access to ispconfig database and not to *, now i changed to * but it still did not work, my newly created account does not get a passwd thats working, i have tryed to login with mysql too but it does not work..:( Any tip?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

When you create a new database in ISPConfig, e.g. web1_db1 with the user web1_u1, you simply have to specify a password. You can then log in with web1_u1 and this password.
    If you go to the database form in ISPConfig, the password isn't shown in the password field, but it's still active. Maybe this has confused you?

3. lerra

lerra New Member

No, i copy the password and paste it to the form to make sure its that and paste it to phpmyadmin and it does not work. I use the webX_uX login and the password. Any hint where to start looking? Mysql error logs does not say a thing

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can try to ogin with your root user to the mysql db and check if the webX_uX user exists in the mysql database in the user table.

5. lerra

lerra New Member

It seams like its my my.cnf configuration, i have user my-large.cnf a bit modified, when I use that one it does not work, but when I use the standard my.cnf it works great. Anybody that knows what the different is in my-large that makes that so I can not login with a user account. root accounts works but not useraccounts created in my ispconfig.

6. lerra

lerra New Member

Update: Seams like it works when i restart mysql server (can be the large cnf too) then it works, shud it be like this? Atleast automated:) My system is 64bits.. :)

7. till

ISPConfig reloads the mysql server after changing a user account.

8. lerra

lerra New Member

It seams like mine does not, where shud i start looking? Coud this be because I run a 64 bits system?

9. till

No, i guess it's not a 64bit issue. As you posted that everything works when you use another my.cnf configuration, you shall start to look where the differences are and why your other config prevents the mysql reloading.

10. lerra

lerra New Member

This is not because of my configuration, it was because of a simple restart. I am running with default configfile, user cant login untill i manualy restart the mysql process in init.d. Is there any logoutput from ispconfig when dealing with the system?
    Realy wierd, i thinkt it was because of my "huge" cnf but that was only because i have restarted, it works with that one too if i just restart the mysqld.

I cant be the only one that runned in to this problem? I have tryed to run thrue the forum, i will do it again to ensure that i have not missed somthing.

11. nok

nok New Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  12. lerra

lerra New Member

Do you have the same problem that i have? We cant be the only ones?

13. falko

Any error messages? What's in the logs?

14. nok

nok New Member

15. till

Have a look at your messages ory syslog file. Also if there are any mysql related logfiles in /var/log or /var/log/mysql you shall check them.

16. lerra

lerra New Member

Nothing else becide my manual restarts! I have grep'ed them all, realy wierd. What script is doing the restart of the mysql? Maybe a wrong path or somthing?

17. falko

It's /etc/init.d/mysql or /etc/init.d/mysqld, that depends on your distribution.

18. nok

nok New Member

what file of the ISPConfig does the restart (calls the restart of mysql)?

I'm using Debian Sarge
    ________
    Ipad cases
    ________
    Shery

19. falko

It's in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php.

20. lerra

lerra New Member

I use Debian Sarge too, I cant locate where in the config file when its executed, or it maybe restarts thrue mysql?
    Nok, are u using root account for mysql when u installed ispconfig or did u create a ispconfig account? I created a ispconfig account..