MySQL Problems after Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DiOmega, Mar 7, 2006.

1. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

Hi,

I upgraded my Server to MySQL 4.1.11 and after everything looks fine i updatet to ISPConfig 2.2.0.

Everythin looks fine but now i figured out that every new DB-User can't log in.
    I looked at the PHP-Info of the PHPMyAdmin in ISPConfig an noticed:

mysql
    MySQL Support enabled
    Active Persistent Links 0
    Active Links 1
    Client API version 4.0.24
    MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external

Is the 4.0.24 Client my Problem and how can i update this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is related to your mysql upgrade. Mysql 4.1 uses an incompatible password hash. Please install the latest mysql devel librarys from your linux distribution and remove the old ones. Then you will have to run the ISPConfig update again.

3. Nap

Nap Member

Till,

I have the same problem as DiOmega, but I didn't understand, in a practical sense, the advice you gave above.

I was under the impression that aptitude etc manage dependancies.

Thus, I have no idea what mysql devel librarys need to be updated.
    My libmysqlclient14 & libmysqlclient14-dev are at the newest versions.

Anything else?

Cheers,
    Nap

4. till

aptitude manages the dependencies for mysql, but it does not update the PHP that is used to run ISPConfig.

1) You will have to install the mysql-devel library that is compatible with your database.
    2) You will have to reinstall / update ISPConfig when the ISPConfig PHP is not able to connect to your database anymore.

5. Nap

Nap Member

Till,

I was asking if you could elaborate on the advice you gave to DiOmega. Somehow he was able to fix the problem (as he hasn't continued with the thread) but I don't understand what he did.

I didn't change anything relating to my PHP. All I did was upgrade from MySQL 4.0.24 to 4.1.11.

libmysqlclient14 and libmysqlclient14-dev are the libraries required, and both are installed.
    This is the apt-get command I used:
    Code:
    apt-get install mysql-server-4.1 mysql-client-4.1 libmysqlclient14-dev
    Whilst I can uninstall ISPConfig and reinstall it, the compiling takes an enormously long time on my machine, so if updating is an option, I would like to use it. How would I do that?
    (I have used the update option in ISPConfig and updated the phpMyAdmin package to version 2.9.1, but that's it.)

Cheers,
    Nap

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  6. till

Updating means running the ISPConfig installer, it detects your existing installation and performs an update. Compileing is needed for this update to update your PHP.

7. Nap

Nap Member

Thnx Till,

I am already doing that.

I unpacked the ISPConfig*.tar.gz,
    am running the ./setup now.

Cheers,
    Nap

8. Mikymike

Mikymike New Member

It worked for me anyway too even after upgrading MySQL 4.1 to MySQL 5 on a Debian 3.1 Sarge box

I had only to update ISPConfig install and all worked fine afterwards

Thx for your help till

ps: a note about it in a FAQ could be a good idea :)

9. Nap

Nap Member

Till,

thnx. Got it.
    Used the ISPConfig install procedure (from the start) and everything is now working fine.

Cheers,
    Nap