mySQL recognized

Discussion in 'General' started by iskra, Nov 20, 2009.

1. iskra

iskra New Member

Hey all... I just installed the Debian Lenny Perfect Server setup with ISPC3. ISPConfig is not recognizing MySQL, and in turn postfix doesn't work.
    netstat -tap | grep mysql
    Code:
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      17088/mysqld 
    My /etc/hosts has the localhost in it... tryed restarting mySQL and it starts and stops fine. Not exactly sure where to go from here. .. what should I be checking to see if it's broken?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is not checking for mysql. So what do you mean that it did not recognizes it?

3. iskra

iskra New Member

In "Show Services" it shows SMTP-Server Offline and mySQL-Server Offline.

I get this error message for mail "Nov 19 23:17:40 iskra-server postfix/trivial-rewrite[16887]: fatal: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem"

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which exact ispconfig version?

5. iskra

iskra New Member

ISPConfig 3.0.1.6

6. iskra

iskra New Member

Ok. So I read that table lookup issues can be a result of permissions. I chmodded /etc/postfix/mysql* to 777 to see if that would help and restarted mysql and postfix. No difference... probably a laughable attempt at fixing the problem =) but I'm really lost here.

Now, what should those files be set to permission wise and where should I start in fixing original problem?

I can log in with the user and pass specified in /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf

7. antonibede

antonibede New Member

Can anyone suggest me best tips and webs for
    SQL information as well guidence. I am new for this community
    i need some solution..