MySQL said: Access denied for user 'c1test'@'myhostname.fastwebnet.it

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by adrenalinic, Oct 6, 2014.

1. adrenalinic

adrenalinic Member

Hi,
    I'm using the virtualbox image of debian7 withispconfig downloaded from here.

I have difficulties to access to my mysql server from a remote host.
    I have already searched in the forum and i have found this old post http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12455&highlight=allowed+connect+MySQL+server , therefore i have changed the hostname within the user table of the mysql db without results.

The vps run behind a debian apache proxy but the there is a direct nat from the wan port to the lan port.

In the ispconfig I have selected the "remote access" leaving empty the IP field.

I have verified also the /etc/mysql/my.cnf and the the bind-address is commented out.

Where I mistake?!:confused:

Error:
    Unable to connect to host my-ip-1-2-ip3.fastwebnet.it because access was denied.

Double-check your username and password and ensure that access from your current location is permitted.

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'c1test'@'my-ip-1-2-ip3.fastwebnet.it' (using password: YES)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The thread you used is really old and does not applyto current setups. If you changed a hostname, then please undo this first so we start from a clean setup.

Does the login with phpmyadmin with this user work?

3. adrenalinic

adrenalinic Member

Hi, in the user table of the mysql db there was two field with 'server1.example.com' that was changed to myhostname.mydomain.com

4. adrenalinic

adrenalinic Member

No, if I login with the created user I can't access from phpmyadmin.

5. till

Ok, so its a general isue with that mysql user and not a problem with the external access only.

Does this user exist in mysql user table? And if yes, which values has this user set for the hostname and how many linses are there in the table with that username?

6. adrenalinic

adrenalinic Member

Yeah, it doesn't exist.
    The new mysql user, is not the "user" table.
    :eek:

7. adrenalinic

adrenalinic Member

Hi,
    I'm experiencig the same problem on the other debian nginx vps image, downloaded the same from your site. No database is created when added from the ispconfig control pannel! :confused:

and.. on the nginx virtualbox image the phpmyadmin alias is not available, 404.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  8. till

Thats quite strange as I use the same images here for develping and testing ispconfig and I can add databases without a problem. Did you change the mysql root password after you downloaded the image.

The phpmyadmin on nginx works different then on Apacahe. phpmyadmin is reachable on port 8081 on nginx systems.