mysql user names and databse names problem

Discussion in 'General' started by blocker, Dec 15, 2008.

1. blocker

blocker Member

Hello,

i have the following problem:

i have a web page - web57 with databases web57_db1 with user web57_u1 and web57_db2 with user web57_u2.

the problem is when i login to phpmyadmin with user web57_u1, i see all the databases web57*_db1 - for example web577_db1, web578_db1 e.t.c.

and

when i login to phpmyadmin with user web57_u2 i see all the databases web57*_db2 - for example web577_db2, web578_db2 e.t.c.

what could be the reason for that, and how can i fix that without changing database names and database users...

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats a known bug in mysql and related to the underscore in the usernames which is misinerpreted by mysql as wildcard. All current ispconfig versions use a new naming scheme to prevent this for newly created databases.

3. blocker

blocker Member

Thanks for the reply

i would like to ask if there is another solution to go over the problem except renaming the databases and the user names?

Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no other solution as far as I know. But maybe you find something with google, the problem with underscores in mysql usernames is not ispconfig specific.

5. blocker

blocker Member

i just asked, it became clear that it is not ispconfig related just after your 1st post :)

thanks a lot