mysql won't start error 2002

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gregoryhouse, Mar 20, 2015.

1. gregoryhouse

gregoryhouse New Member

I have Debian Wheezy (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) installed. It worked perfectly, but after power loss and fsck disk , mysql wont start ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2). Is there any change to get it working again, or someway to collect databases ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the syslog to get the detailed errr message:

/var/log/syslog

3. gregoryhouse

gregoryhouse New Member

postfix error 55714 warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf: table lookup problem

Is there any way to find backup of my database if i didn't click download from do ispconfig interface (but i know that they complitet every day)???

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The above error is a postfix error. Please restart mysql, then look into the sysleog file, at the end of the file you will find the mysql error then.

It is unlikely that you need the mysql backups, better fix the issue in your current mysql configuration.

In case that you need backups, then you find them in /var/backup flder and the current mysql databases are in /var/lib/mysql/