Need a Workaround !!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by sandy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. sandy

sandy New Member

Dear All,

Is there any way to disbale password encryption or simply put only use plain text passowrds ( I know it is a major security risk but just for the sake of doing )

I have tried pwunconv and also authconfig --disableshadow and authconfig --disablemd5 , even authconfig --disablekrb5 has been tried!

Please Suggest :

Just Think I only wish to use plain text passwords only ( even for the new users that i create using adduser command etc.)

Please Any One Help Me in this regard ...
    Thanx in advance ;-)

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

where do you want to disable that?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I've never heard about plain text passwords in /etc/shadow...

4. sandy

sandy New Member

How can I See the same passwd that I keyed in at logon in /etc/passwd

At Login Screen -- just for the sake of experiment that whether the inbuilt password encryption mechanism can by disabled temporarily or not

my question started with :

Dear All,

Is there any way to disbale password encryption or simply put only use plain text passowrds ( I know it is a major security risk but just for the sake of doing )

I have tried pwunconv and also authconfig --disableshadow and authconfig --disablemd5 , even authconfig --disablekrb5 has been tried!

Please Suggest :

Just Think I only wish to use plain text passwords only ( even for the new users that i create using adduser command etc.)

Please Any One Help Me in this regard ...
    Thanx in advance ;-)
    Edit/Delete Message