need help with postfix mysql virtual hosts

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by White, Apr 15, 2008.

1. White

White Member

I have been struggling for months now trying to set up email on my home server running Debian etch.

I had managed to find a How to to set up postfix and squirrelmail to send and receive emails to my server for arguments sake [email protected] and i had worked out how to link outlook express to it aswell (massive accomplishment for me but piece of cake for you guys no doubt)

I followed Falko's how to - Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Debian Etch) but now this has stopped all the previous email accounts i had set up and i can no longer link to my server with squirrelmail or outlook express.

I have no idea now how to work this new setup as i am a complete dunce and the learning curve is steep, the how to doesnt tell me how to link squirrelmail back to the mysql setup for virtual users.

any suggestions or links would be gladly appreciated

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. White

White Member

Thanks for the reply falko, i looked at that last night but i dont have the understanding to sift the wheat from the chaff.:confused:

There were errors in the mail log and some of the items that show in the netstat -tap in the how-to didnt show up on my server.

Ive whiped the system and now im having a stab at zimbra, if that fails then i will have another go at the virtual domains how-to but without setting any other mail accounts up first.

Its just annoying after figuring everything else out and actually being able to send emails from the main server hostname.