Need help with the FC9 perfect server How to by falko.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by savy2k, Oct 18, 2008.

1. savy2k

savy2k New Member

I want to install ISPconfig with FC9 so I followed the one written by falko. He did a very good job. I went through to the point of logging on to the server with telnet to test the mail server config. This is what I get...

Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to athena.savy2k.net
    Escape character is '^]'

Then the cursor just flashes below. I have gone over the /etc/postfix/main.cf and it is perfect. I also made sure all the necessary services are running. I have tried everything except obviously what is necessary to fix it. I am in a real pinch on this so I really appreciate the help.

Randy

2. savy2k

savy2k New Member

Yeah, I'm sure I logged in on port 25. I also agree with you, I will disable telnet when I am done installing and configuring.

Randy

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are there any errors in your mail log?

4. savy2k

savy2k New Member

There were no errors in the maillog. As it turned out, I had to reinstall the OS because my partitioning scheme didn't leave enough space in the / partition. I got through the whole install without a hitch. Now I have a whole host of problems but I think it is just that I have to wait for the DNS to propagate. I can access the ISPconfig control panel on the machine it is installed on but not on any other machine.

athena.savy2k.net is the machine it is installed on
    70.89.8.43 is the IP
    savy2k.net is one website
    savypro.com is another. that is all I have on there as of the time of this message

Thx all especially falko, you saved me lots of work.
    Randy