Need some help with configuring...

Discussion in 'General' started by haaglin, Sep 23, 2006.

1. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Hi. I got ISPconfig up and running. and everything is working just fine.
    however, i want to make some adjustments to fit my needs, and need some help.

1. I have a domain ( http://test.domain.com ) on my server. why is there a folder "web" in the "domain root". When people log in with ftp, i want them to be logged in to the same place they put their content in, without having to go into the web directory.

2. When i make mysql db's to my users, how can i make the username the same as the domain? something like domain.com_01 or something..

3. When adding users, a folder named web[ID] is created. can these folder be named after the username instead?

I have searched the forum and web for 3 days now, and i can't get a good answer.

btw. i am a server newbie, but with some skills in php and Linux. :p

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not possible. Otherwise ythe admin wont be able to manage the other files and everyone can download the emails from the admin user over the web ;)

You may write a new databse class if you want to change that.

Remove the user prefix setting, but be aware that users have to unique on the whole server.

3. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Thanks for the response!

I changed the DefaultRoot in proftpd.conf file to "~/web", so its working great now, but is there a way i can make the cgi-bin folders and stuff be made into the ~/web directory instead of ~/ ?

Where do i do that?

the prefix is [DOMAIN]_ now, but still it creates folders like web[ID]?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can change the function make_vhost() in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php.

The prefix doesn't apply to the name of directories, only to usernames.

Dots are not allowed in database names: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6800&highlight=database+names+dots

5. haaglin

haaglin New Member

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

underscores are allowed in usernames.

I dont think therea re guides for that. But there are many threads in the forums on how to use the co-domain feature and redirect domain names.

7. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Ok. How can i make the database use the names of the username, instead of web6_DB1. If i want the username of the db to be [USERNAME]_ and db name to be [USERNAME]_[ID] (and usernames does no have dots.)

I know how to make domains and stuff, but the problem is that i cant connect from a remote location. only with localhost.

mysql -h ns1.domain.com -P 3306 -u username -p
    Enter password:
    ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ns1.domain.com' (111)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  8. falko

You can edit the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_datenbank.lib.php.

Is there an entry for the host ns1.domain.com in the mysql.users table?

9. haaglin

haaglin New Member

No. Only localhost and %

10. falko

And does username have an entry with %?

11. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Yes. it does.

12. falko

Please restart MySQL, and make sure that your firewall doesn't block port 3306.
    Also, what's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

13. haaglin

haaglin New Member

Ahh.. Got it.. all working now. someone at work messed up the router config :p

Thanks alot for the help.