Need to stop access to admin page from clients url

Discussion in 'General' started by GreggRed010, Jul 31, 2016.

1. GreggRed010

GreggRed010 New Member

Hello all,

I would like to know if its possible to only allow access to my ispconfig admin page from a certain url?

Basically i have a few websites hosted on my isp server and all the sites can access the admin page if i specify port :8080. For example;
    myurl.com:8080 - has access
    client1url.com:8080 - has access
    client2url.com:8080 - has access
    etc...

I would prefer if i could configure it to only allow my own url rather then my clients url. For example;
    myurl.com:8080 - gain access
    client1url.com:8080 - 404 or denied
    client2url.com:8080 - 404 or denied

Thank you in advanced

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. RootEtsy

RootEtsy New Member

I know this post is a week late. I'm new to ISPConfig so I was just trolling the forums. :)

What about just adding the ServerName directive to the Apache vhost for ISPConfig?
    Does it ever rewrite that file after configuration?

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As I've seen (I'm fairly new here, too), ispconfig creates a vhost config running on a dedicated port, and uses _default_:port in the virtualhost definition, it does not add a ServerName.

Yes, each time you update ispconfig, so if you added a ServerName manually, it would get killed sooner or later. There may be a conf-custom file you can create to make such a change persistent. Then to effect the original poster's intent (ispconfig not available on client sites), you'd also need to create a new default vhost on port 8080 without a ServerName to capture requests to all the other names.