Need urgent help

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by MiniMe, Dec 2, 2008.

1. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

Hey yall,

i got an email server set up thx to falko and co with anti spam and anti virus following the Suse 11 server guide setup.

Now, a friend of mine asked, if i can add his domain temporarly for receiving mails.

Is this possible? Can i add 2 domains for sending / receiving mails on my server.

And if so, how does one do this ?

Please, need this urgently ! All help will be much appreciated by my friend !

PS: atm i handle mail on my mailsystem for domain evil-hannie.eu , his domain is paulsexton.me.uk

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

do you use ispconfig?
    what guide did you follow?

3. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

ill check it out, hopefully i find something useful there :)

6. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

ok ive read this and its exactly as i have done, the only concern i have now is :

how does my user get his email ? i mean :

ofc he sets his pop server to my mailserver, and he has to use the system user account i created for him ? ( login and password wise ) or what details does he need to login to his mailbox ?

Regards,

7. sjau

the ssh username and ssh password will him login to his mailbox.

8. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

thanks a lot

last question, this guy asked me if he can use my mailserver as smtp ( for sending mails ) ...

I dont know about this, but does the setup guide i posted earlier shows you how to configure this crap ?

Rgrds,

9. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

The guy tells me, when he uses my server as SMTP server, he gets, relay access denied ...

10. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Make sure that the guy sets his outgoing server (SMTP) to use the same settings as his incoming mail settings

11. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

The difference is between him and me is :

i use the smtp server from my isp

but he has to use mine . so he set it to be mine, but he gets relay access denied ...

12. falko

He must enable "Server requires authentication" in his email client.

13. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

that setting is related to using MY smtp server ?

rgrds,

14. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

he did

he still gets relay access denied

15. falko

Are you 100% sure that the username and password are correct? What's in the mail log when he tries to send an email?

16. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

Yes he is.

He is using smtp auth and this is the log :

Dec 4 12:13:56 Artemis postfix/smtpd[3909]: connect from 94-193-249-120.zone7.bethere.co.uk[94.193.249.120]
    Dec 4 12:13:57 Artemis postfix/smtpd[3909]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from 94-193-249-120.zone7.bethere.co.uk[94.193.249.120]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<home>
    Dec 4 12:13:59 Artemis postfix/smtpd[3909]: disconnect from 94-193-249-120.zone7.bethere.co.uk[94.193.249.120]

17. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

falko, any possible update on this ? :)

18. sjau

tell him to try and connect and you check the logs on the server... that should give you clues.

19. falko

If you change that user's shell to /bin/bash in /etc/passwd, can that user log using SSH?

20. MiniMe

MiniMe Member

It is / was / by default set as /bin/bash so yes this user can login using SSH.

I did not change this.

Regards,