NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID After transferring my site from cpanel to ispconfig

Discussion in 'Technical' started by osas Oribhabor, Jul 29, 2018.

1. osas Oribhabor

osas Oribhabor New Member

Hello..

i recently transferred my website from cpanel (shared hosting)to ispconfig (vps on ubuntu 16.04). everything seems to have gone smothly except that i now get the ssl error screen below, worse thing is that the error screen popsup every single time a page loads.. ssl certificate is enabled on my ispconfig website settings.. please any help trouble shooting and sloving the problem will be very much appreciated as i cant afford let too many customers come across ssl error screen for an ecommerce website... thanks..

Code:
    Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mydomain.com (for 
    example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect 
    dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy

This server could not prove that it is mydomain.com; its security certificate is from 
    www.mydomain.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker 
    intercepting your connection.

Proceed to mydomain.com (unsafe)

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Error screen says:
    But you use it for mydomain.com.

3. osas Oribhabor

nice observation Taleman.. let me try an permanently redirect all traffic to www.mydomain.com to see if will clear the error

4. osas Oribhabor

i simply unchecked ssl on ispconfig website configuration and checked it back after sometime and the error cleared... site is fully secured now..