Networking Question?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by thawee, Dec 10, 2014.

1. thawee

thawee New Member

Hey all,

I have been working on setting up ispconfig 3 servers for my it company, but we have done it at our location. We will want to move the physical server to a datacenter due to uptime, and bandwidth freedoms.

I have setup my ispconfig 3 servers in the following format.

Cp.domain.com - Handles all services except for mail
    mail.domain.com - Handles all mail services.

My servers are virtualized, and behind a firewall router that does natting with private ips assigned to each server.

It has brought to my attention that I should aquire 2 external static ips & bind them to each server, so they have direct access to the outside world.

it isn't clear to me how to do that. I have only worked behind a firewall on any projects, and I have always felt this to be the most secure.

do I have to create 2 external nic devices, and give them the external ips or do i change my private internal ips to my new external ips.

I understand I can easily change the ip addresses in my /etc/network/interfaces file and /etc/hosts, so they reflect the external ip address.

I would imagine that ispconfig 3 server panel would need to be updated under the system settings for each server? possibly run the ispcofig3 updater?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays everyone.

2. thawee

thawee New Member

I could really use some help.

Please don't overlook me, Thanks