New APP Installer for ISPConfig?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by sunghost, Jan 3, 2017.

1. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i want to offer my customers the possibility to use a One-Click-Installer. As far as i understand ISPConfig3 uses the one from APS. I dont lilke this because of old stuff and some of them only in english language. While i research about that i found some old comments from stuff, which said, that the APS Installer is quite complex and they want to use an own one based on .xml, a simpler way to offer 1-Click Installation, but there is no time to develop this. So are there any news for that?

ispDashboard.com likes this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ideas to implement an own app installer are from a time before we decided develop the current APS installer. You can use Softaculous with ISPConfig.

3. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi Till,
    indeed i found this statement from older posts. Ok so there are no new plans, while Softacolous is the build in App-Installer, right. On a fresh installed ISPConfig3 i can just simple Update the Packagelist, which came from Softacolous, right? Is there a way to publish own packages on own server?

edit:Is Tab Settings an suggestion or an information about an active change in the ISPConfig Settings, like PHP safe_mode=off ...?

4. till

Softaculous isn not the builtin app installer.

5. sunghost

sunghost Member

Ok, thought it would be under sites -> APS Installer, isnt it? What do you mean instead?

6. till

That's the APS installer.

https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/

7. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    ok and what is the different and where can i configure Packages from Softaculous? As far as i understand ISPConfig there are the APS Installer and the Apps & Addons Configuration Options. The last one is for ISPConfig Addons like the Billing Modul.

8. till

It's a completely different software for installing apps on your ISPConfig server. If you have questions about softaculous, then ask the softaculous support.

9. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi Till,
    ok i think we talk about different things. I know what Softaculous is. As you said
    , while i asked about a new App-Installer in ISPConfig and talked about the ->Sites -> APS Installer, which you said is not the one you talked about. So:
    - what is the APS Installer and where came the packages from
    - how can i use Softaculous with ISPconfig

10. till

Your problem is that you mix up new and old here, I explained that already in #2. What you refer to as "new app installer" are thoughts that were made before the current app installer was build. You should take a look at post dates when you dig out really old posts, the posts you refer to were made long ago before the current APS installer was implemented. So what you refer to as new is indeed really old and the current APS installer that you refer to as old is the latest one.

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

11. sunghost

sunghost Member

Ok i think the confusion came to me through your post #2. I first understand that this is a build in function in ISPConfig and i didnt found the option. The APS Installer seems not very usefull. I testet Joomla Package 3.6.5-27 and it shows wrong Version (2.5.11) inside the Package Information, Installation failed with MySQL Error too. Thats not user friendly..but thats not an ISPConfig Problem. I think it would be interessting how many use the APS Installer and if it would better to implement e.g. Softaculous instead...
    Ok thanks Till - closed