New autoinstalled slave server get a cron error on server.sh update

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Mar 11, 2023.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Used autoinstaller to create new slave web server and everything went fine. Installed ISPconfig 3.2.9p1 on Slave and my master is running 3.2.9p1
    Added the slave to master without a problem and made a few changes like checking the rescue option and noticed the update ball at top never cleared.
    Went to the new server and typed in: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    Got this error and not sure what the issue is:
    root@xxxxxxxx:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    10.03.2023-20:24 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (222616). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Data truncated for column 'limit_cron_type' at row 1 in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:302
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(302): mysqli_query()
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(339): db->_query()
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(171): db->query()
    #3 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(180): modules->processDatalog()
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 302

Since master and slave are on the same ISPConfig version I don't think its a missing field in the DB, Any hints on where to start looking?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Compare the column type and size of the column limit_cron_type in the client table on master and slave system (e.g. using phpmyadmin), most likely they differ. If they differ, please post what exact setting you have on master and on that slave.

3. webguyz

Trying to run http://x.x.x.x/phpmyadmin on new server but its not coming up. Think I'm going to just get a fresh install and re-try auto-install. Phpmyadmin should work. Will see if this reoccurs.

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. webguyz

6. webguyz

I re-installed new server and ran auto-install and it completed sucessfully and it attached to my master server but again having problems with crontab server.sh, but a different error instead of limit_cron_type. OS is Bullseye. Have rebooted several times.

root@xxxxxxx:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    11.03.2023-11:44 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (1542). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Data truncated for column 'locked' at row 1 in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:302
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(302): mysqli_query()
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(339): db->_query()
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(171): db->query()
    #3 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(180): modules->processDatalog()
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 302

7. webguyz

Ok, started a new base OS server from scratch and not the one I had been using and I redid the autoinstall and everything is OK. No idea what happened to my Bullseye template os. Thanks for the help. The autoinstall is a great tool. have built at least 10 slave servers in no time at all. Thanks

Th0m and till like this.