New BIG Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by fobicodam, Aug 4, 2006.

1. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

One client call me yesterday telling me she has lost a folder inside the webmail (uebimail), i didnt believe so much, its a strange fact.. so i create a folder and put some emails inside.. it was fine yesterday, i loged out and in a few times, the folder was still there.. but now, checking something, the folder is not there anymore !

Any ideas?!?!!? im having a lot of stupid/common problems with the mail system..

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's in the mail log? What's the path and name of the folder you created?

3. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

There is nothing in the mail file !!

I search for a folder name but i didnt find it, where should it be? i only found a filename with my user name inside the spool/mail folder.

4. falko

Are you using Maildir or mbox?

5. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

mbox, and i cant change it now.. the server is on production.. i tried to update the uebimiau soft but it doesnt log in.. :mad:

6. falko

You tried to create a folder in an mbox file? :confused: How's that supposed to work? I think we misunderstand each other regarding your problem. Please try to describe the problem as detailed as possible.

7. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Inside uebimiau webmail, go to "folders", create new folder, put some messages inside, wait until tomorrow and the folder is gone :confused:

Its only on 2 of my 3 servers... one works fine... :mad:

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do all 3 servers use mbox?

9. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

yes, they are all similar..

10. falko

Are there any errors in your logs? Also check /root/ispconfig/httpd/logs/error.log.
    Maybe it's a problem with permissions.