New clietns do not work

Discussion in 'General' started by kird03, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kird03

kird03 New Member

New clients do not work

I installed ISPconfig3 on CentOS 5.3 with most recent howto on howto forge. Most seems to work, except the following:

When I add a new client, the client is made in ISPConfig.
    Then I login with the credentials of this new user, and add an FTP user in order to start FTP'ing to the website.

FTP user credentials are not accepted however...
    When I look into phpmyadmin i see the following path for client and client's FTP user:
    Documentroot: /var/www/clients/client2/web2

When I SSH to the server and look in the www area i find no folder like clients. So I expect this to be the error.
    Why is the user not created correctly on the server? or is something else wrong?

thanks for any help!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the syslog in the monitor to check if there are any errors.

3. kird03

kird03 New Member

They syslog is completly empty.
    The joblog has this entry:
    2009-06-18 00:41 apollo.youngwebsolutions.info Insert ftp_user

4. till

Please post the output of:

ls -la /var/www

does this entry go away after a few minutes and what is the status of this entry?

5. kird03

kird03 New Member

output of ls -la /var/www:

Code:
    [root@apollo html]#ls -la /var/www
    total 32
    drwxr-xr-x  8 root      root 4096 Jun 14 18:38 .
    drwxr-xr-x 27 root      root 4096 Jun 14 18:38 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root 4096 May 28 12:52 cgi-bin
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root 4096 Jun 12 20:07 error
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root 4096 May 28 12:52 html
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root 4096 Jun 12 20:07 icons
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root   34 Jun 14 18:38 ispconfig -> /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root 4096 Jun 14 18:38 php-fcgi-scripts
    drwxr-xr-x  2 webalizer root 4096 Jun 14 17:59 usage
    [root@apollo html]#

jobque entry stays there, i noticed there are many entries still in the jobque, they don't go away (oldest is 3 days old)
    I just realize that jobQUE means all these actions are on que still??

6. till

Yes, this explains your problem as there are just no FTP accounts and websites yet. This means that there must be an fatal error which stops the processing.

Please run the folowing commands on the shell as root user and post the output:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

7. kird03

kird03 New Member

output of comands:
    Code:
    [root@apollo html]#rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    [root@apollo html]#/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    which: no mdadm in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/u                                                                             sr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    ln: creating symbolic link `/var/www/clients/client0/youngwebsolutions.info' to                                                                              `/var/www/clients/client1/web1/': No such file or directory
    useradd: warning: the home directory already exists.
    Not copying any file from skel directory into it.
    ln: creating symbolic link `/var/www/clients/client0/youngwebsolutions.info' to                                                                              `/var/www/clients/client1/web1/': No such file or directory
    useradd: warning: the home directory already exists.
    Not copying any file from skel directory into it.
    finished.
    [root@apollo html]#

Jobque is empty now, and folders with client1 an client2 are created now.
    client1 is empty (but i deleted that one earlier) and folder client 2 seems to be completely set-up now..
    For the learning process, what went wrong in the installation procedure?

Edit: FTP works fine now as well!

8. till

Looks as if your server is not executing any cronjobs. Cron is normally installed on all linux systems by default, maybe it is not installed on your server?

9. kird03

kird03 New Member

The CentOS 5.3 on my vps did not have crontabs installed indeed!!
    fixed it now!