New created MySQL users can't login

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I have a problem.

When i create a NEW site with a MySQL database for example:

webname: web1
    database name: web1_db1
    mysql username: web1_u1

When the new created user web1_u1 wants to access database web1_db1, this user can not access phpmyAdmin with the created password.

All the existing MySQL users have normal access via phpMyAdmin so that's ok. Only when i create a new site with a new MySQL user, this user can not access phpMyAdmin.

Recently, i had to update MySQL 4.0.24 to 4.1.11.

I've done so using the command on my Debian server:

apt-get install mysql-server-4.1 mysql-client-4.1 libmysqlclient14-dev

Could this be the reason that new users can not access phpMyAdmin anymore?
    I think it is possible because i found out that MySQL 4.1 and up, uses an authentication protocol based on a password hashing algorithm that is incompatible with that used by older clients.

I use phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 provided by ISPConfig.
    When i access phpMyAdmin as root i see that the encrypted password of the new created MySQL user is marked with a * in the beginning of the password field within the database.
    What does this mean?

What could be the cause and is there a solution for my problem?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. Hans

Problem solved

The problem was very serious for me and i do not know why this happened.
    But i want you to know that i did a new setup for ISPConfig 2.2.6. (again).
    After that all problems with mySQL-user logon sessions where solved.

Happy me!

:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  3. gzero

gzero New Member

same problem here

I'm having the same problem, but i dont like to reinstall. Any easier solution to this problem?

--gzero

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Maybe the privileges don't get flushed.

After you create that new mysql user go as root in phpMyAdmin and check in the "mysql" table whether the user really was added. If so, then flush (or reload) mysql. After that check whether you can login with the new user.

5. gzero

gzero New Member

Flush

I did flush (cause i restarted mysql completely).

I think the problem is because i update to php5 after my ISPconfig installation. Funny things is the new db users are created afterwards. I've set the login in phpmyadmin to cookie auth and i get this error:

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Not sure what to do next.

--gzero

6. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Did you check whether the newly added users are actually to be found in the mysql database?

Well, I can't help you further... I don't use PHP5 and I konw why... everybody I know only has problems with it...

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is not ISPConfig, the problem is your mysql database. Mysql changed the password encryption between mysql 4.0 and 4.1 in a incompatible way. To be able to use the old password encryption you must enable old_passwords in your mysql my.cnf file.

8. Hans